Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Park to Park 5 Mile Race!

Although I didn't run very much this week (eekk, I know, but moving stresses and packing have kind of taken over...), I felt like I ran a great 5 miler. This is the first time I have ever raced this distance, so it was a distance PR for me:)

This was a fabulous course, flat, not too many turns...my right knee was a little sore at about 3 miles in...I think I might be due for a new pair of shoes?! Overall, I felt great except the last 100 yards (started sprinting too early) and came in 7th in my age group! I enjoyed this last race here in Houston (for a while) and the company of my friends as we all enjoyed cold beers and delicious breakfast tacos until we finally had to go home...

I'm gonna miss you guys and gals!!!!!!!!!!

The STATS:
5 miles
40:04
ave. 8:00/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: nice and overcast!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home