Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, February 10, 2008

30 Miles of Cycling-the West U Warmup Ride Report!

Kind of on a whim, and kind of 'to get me on my bike more,' I challanged myself to get prepared for for a 30 mile bike ride. Unfortunetly, I never really got 'prepared enough,' and only ended up riding a few times before this ride. Oops. I knew my tush would be feeling it after this ride.

So Strider Wil and I drove out to the South Houston area (near 288 and the Beltway) to get in a nice 30 mile ride. We saw a few of our Houston Racing friends there, and then got underway after I had my pedal tension adjusted and then fell off my bike (lol). Luckily, there were no damages other then a slighty bruised ego!

Overall, the ride went fine and the roads were pretty smooth. We only stopped once around mile 20 to get a snack and continued on. Wil was feeling better then me so I let him take off and I suffered through the last 5 miles or so alone. I do need to get on my bike more, no way around that. We passed on breakfast and headed home after a great morning of cycling.

The STATS:
30 miles
a little over 2 hours
ave. 16.5 mph
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: breezy and overcast. great weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home