Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Week of 12/31-1/6 Workouts!
(taper week, part 2)

12/31/07: 6 Miles in the Neighborhood!
total running: 58:35
ave running: 9:45/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: Nothing excited about this run, however, I ran at a more relaxed pace then normal to take in the last of the holiday lights. My neighbors must have some expensive electricity bills:)

1/2/08: SMART-5.6 Miles around Jackson Hill!
total running: 49:16
ave running: 8:47/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold.
Notes: Happy New Year:) Tonight was a tempo run...felt nice to really push this workout since this will probably be the last 'tough' wourkout I will do until the marathon!

1/3/08: 6 Mile Group Workout @ Memorial Park!
total running: 6 miles
ave running: 9:50/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold.
Notes: After last night's banner efforts (haven't really pushed my legs that much in a while) I took it easy tonight and ran with Strider Barry, my former PIM coach. A great run and good conversations!

1/5/08: Last Long Run: 11.5 Miles Through River Oaks!
total running: 1:49
ave running: 9:29/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool.
Notes: What a great last run! Although I felt a little tired and sluggish, this was an exciting 'last run.' No more waking up at 6am...for a little while:) MS150 season is here before you know it (I'm not doing the actual race though, just the training). The dedication for Ralph Collins' bench afterwards was very nice and a great way to remember a great runner.

R.I.P. Ralph...a Great Runner, Coach and Friend I never got to know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home