Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, January 27, 2008

LOOK: More Marathon Leftover Goodies :)

Ahh, so all the soreness drifted/got massaged away in about 3 days, which is a pretty good and quick recovery for me. THEN! I came down with a really nasty cold on Tuesday, the 15th, that I am STILL shaking off (as of 1/27!) So, not a whole lot of working out has been going.

I did decide though that, YES, i am happy with my 4:02 and I shall let that remain as my marathon time UNTIL next year:) I am actually, after the fact, VERY proud of how well my training went this year. I avoided painful injury, stuck to my 4-5 days a week of running and managed to do a little cross-training for all but 2 months of training! Plus, my Yasso workout was DEAD-ON for predicting my time:)

Ahhh...never deny good ole' fashion hard work and the wonderful coaching staff of the Houston Striders! :) THANK YOU ALL!

More goal-planning coming up, including losing 10 pounds by June (have already lost 4 pounds in January) and perhaps relocating my blog for...good reasons (SHOCK!) but in the meantime, enjoy these leftover goodies:) And yes, I will be racing in Feb! :)

Video of me finishing (my poor right leg is pulling sooo hard!):
http://www.finishcam.com/Events/2008-Chevron-Houston-Marathon/WatchFinish.asp?FinisherId=34025&Camera=2

How I placed in relation to everyone else...top 20% of my age-group is nothing to feel bad about!
http://www.runpix.info/hou08/42/finord.php?LastName=1685&lan=&aset=0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home