Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Week of 12/17-12/23 Workouts!

12/17/07: 6 Mile Tempo Run in the Neighborhood!
total running: 53:59
ave. 8:59/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: Tonight I felt like running for speed, so I did. I felt really good for some reason. Maybe it's the christmas cheer in the air:)

12/18/07: 7 Mile MP Smartie Lights Run!
1:17 or so total running
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold.
Notes: Ran this run as a tempo for about half the course. I felt pretty thirsty the last 3 miles though so I slowed things down to keep from feeling too parched:). Striders Bessie and Coach Matt brought delicious treats for afterwards!

12/20/07: 5.5 miles MP Smartie hills!
total running: 50:11
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: We did our last hill workout for the marathon season tonight. The goal was to do 10 lonnnng repeats. I did 9 and was quite happy with my efforts. I did tire down but it felt great to finish the workout!

12/21/07: 3 Neightborhood Miles!
32:57 total running
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold
Notes: After yesterday's workout, I felt like I was dragging today! However, I pushed through and it felt nice just to run 3 easy miles.

12/22/07: 23.6 miles--The Longest Long Run!!!

total running (including stops): 4:29
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold at start-maybe 43. warmed up about a degree at the end.
Notes: I did it, I did it!!!! I wanted to run all 23 miles, and wasn't really sure. However, after setting a nice and easy pace with Strider Hillary and then meeting up with Strider Mark at mile 9, things just fell into place. Our pace was nice and relaxed, and when we needed a drink, we stopped. Mark ran well throughout and wouldn't run with me anymore after mile 21, so I did the last two miles by myself. That was probably the hardest thing I did...my mind was all out of it and I guess you can say i 'hit the wall.' Finishing was great though-what a confidence booster!

NOW I'm ready for that marathon! :)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home