Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Week of 12/10-12/16 Workouts!

12/11/07: MP Smarties--5.6mile Jackson Hill Route!
total running: (last half) 36.49
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: This isn't one of my favorite runs (it gets pretty dark on that Hill loop) but it was nice to know the route so well and push myself. The first two miles were pretty slow but I began to warmup quickly, speed up, and finished the last mile in a sprint at probably 95% effort. Nice finish!

12/12/07: 3.5mile Uptown Christmas Tree Lights Run!
34:11 or so of total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold. 40 degrees or so
Notes: The weather, albiet COLD!, held up this year and we had a great and relaxed run. I actually pushed myself alittle bit in efforts to keep up with the faster group of runners, but overall, it was a fun time, even if we got lost. :) And the best part? The Shiner beer and the food at the end!

12/13/07: MP Smarties--5.5mile Rose Garden run!
total running: ??

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: This was another typical Rose Garden run...I don't remember much about it but we did make it a tempo run and I did put in good effort towards the end of the run.

12/15/07: The Final "Sealy Dealy"-14 or so miles of hilly fun!
2:18 total running
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold and WINDY!
Notes: Well, this run was destined to not happen, I think. I barely made it to Katy to meet everyone there since there was an accident or something on I-10, then a bad cold front came through, and it rained like crazy alllll the way to Sealy/Columbus, and then the second we got out to run, it was like "Sunshine!" The run was nice overall. Strider Randy and I ran together for half of it, then the last half I pushed myself to run the hills aggressively. I was really proud of my efforts in this run, although my time doesn't reflect it. The breakfast after at Tony's--still the best:) I am getting soo ready for this marathon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home