Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Week of 11/26-12/1 Workouts!

11/27/07: 4.5 painful miles around Memorial Park!
total running: 48:57
ave 10:52/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: So...that nagging knee thing from Saturday ever went away and is back in even more force today...argh! I ran slowly with Strider Abby (my old PIM partner!) and she tried to help me diagnose what was going on. After I got home though, I figured out I got an acute case of Runner's Knee! Argh again! Time to bust the ice out!

11/28/07: 3 Miles on the Treadmill!
31:30 total running
ave 10:30/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c coolness
Notes: Not running is not an option for me, so I took it easy with three really easy miles on the treadmill tonight. Yes, it was slow, and yes, it hurt the last mile, but at least I did it. I know with the 18 miler a little over a week away, I need to get myself to run through this nagging knee pain. I plan to buy a knee brace too and see if that helps.

12/1/07: 9 Miles around the Park!
total running: 1:23.58
ave 9:19/mile
9:32, 9:11, 9:30, 9:19, 9:46,
8:47, 9:51, 9:30, 8:35
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid and warm (70 degrees or so)
Notes: This was orginally suppose to be a 12 mile run, but I had to cut it short after 3 loops around the Park because my right knee was hurting pretty good. However, I was running much faster and with more intensity than I had planned to, so I blame the knee pain partially on that. The knee brace I bought from Wal-Greens (of all places) is working wonders (other then the side of it rubbing my other leg 'wrong' every once in a while). Hopefully I don't have to wear it the rest of the Marathon season, but the best news is that all the stretching and icing I am doing is paying off and yes, the knee is finally feeling better, even while I am running. I am praying for some colder weather next week though-sheesh!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home