Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week of 11/18-11/25 Workouts!

11/20/07: 6 Miles-2 Loops at the good ole Park!
total running: 57:40
ave 9:36/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid!!
Notes: After a week of not running at all (I know! I know!) coming back to Houston was the best thing for me! I decided to run 6 miles by myself and two loops around the Park would have to be the fix for tonight. It felt great to run, I'm not even joking. Of course, I wasn't going fast, but the objective for the night was just to RUN! Overall, a great and enjoyable run!

11/23/07: 6 Miles at and around the Park!
56:54 total running
ave 9:29/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold! 50 degrees at 11am!
Notes: What a difference the cold weather makes! It scares away all the walkers/joggers/families who sometimes are 3-5 people across and cause me to dodge them and nearly twist my ankles! Plus I feel like I can run forever in this stuff:) This morning, I just got up late, ran a comfortable speed to workoff that thanksgiving pie I ate and kill time until my car's oil change was done. Ran into local running star Lance (literally--those damn train tracks really cause you to watch your steps though) and saw one of the Schroeders (Steve, to be exact). Steve, thanks for the inspiration this morning. I should have ran with you:) Overall, a nice morning and I am ready to tackle that 19 miler this morning as long as the weather behaves!

11/25/07: 18 Wet, Slow and Cold Miles aka 'Poor Mans Tour'!
total running: 3:18 or so
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cold! wet! what else is there to say!
Notes: I know I just said it before, but the weather does make a difference! After having the TdM canceled yesterday due to horrible raining and cold weather (first time in 13 years!!!) and me being more then 'just' bummed out ( I woke up at 5:30 am for NOTHING! argh!), I was sincerely thankful that other runners would be joining me this morning for another shot at it:) Honestly, there was nothing memorable about this run other then my right knee hurting the entire time (boo!), running comfortably with Striders Hillary and Debbie and the relentless and annoying rain the last 9 miles of the run. Oh! And the breakfast afterwards-devine:) Overall, glad it is done. One more 'tough but doable' training run on December 22nd and my training is pretty much complete!

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, the weather tricked us again for the Poor Man's Tour. Started out nicely enough but then it got sloppy. Good one to have behind you.

    By Blogger Steeeve, at Wed Nov 28, 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home