Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Week of 10/1-10/7 Workouts!

10/2/07: 6 Miles SMARTie run with Lee!
total running: 1:18 or so (with stops)
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool (upper 70s)
Notes: Since this is the first week of the cross-country Tuesday runs (which, I unfortunately can't do anymore due to my ankles), Strider Lee and I ran together from Memorial to Dairy Ashford and then "around the keyhole" and back to Memorial. The weather was cooling off and nice, and although the rest of the group only did 4 miles, Lee and I did an extra two. A great run and overall a great time, my legs felt okay and only slightly tired after Sunday's efforts!

10/4/07: One Mile Trial with the SMARTies!
Heart-rate: n/a2 mile wu
1 mile cd
6:58 mile trial!!!
Notes: I felt great going into this workout. When I mean I feel great, I mean my legs felt ready to run fast and burn some track up. But, my poor lungs and my poor head were saying otherwise. I just absolutely dread these short distance fast runs-I have simply never been a short-distance running. Even back in elementary school I would opt to do field events or the mile relay (running a 400m leg). Coach Sttttttteeeeeve asked what we thought our times would be beforehand. Surely I could 'easily' run a 7:00/mile, ehhh? But I had to choose a group run with, and I chose the 'Under 7:00/mile' group, knowing full-well I would be last.

I didn't care really--and I just ran my little heart out. My lungs burned the entire time and my legs couldn't go any faster, but knowing I would finish under 7:00 minutes was the greatest feeling in the world. You would have thought I won the lottery:) This was a 1:15 or so improvement over my mile a year ago...woohoo and a big deal! Overall, all the SMARTies did well on their trials and mad props to Vic for finishing under 10:00! Love ya Vic!

10/6/07: 6 SMART miles as part of 15 x 60/60s!
about 1:16 total running
2 mile wu
15 x 60/60's (tough, and BARELY doable!)
1 mile cd
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: super humid!
Notes: This was one of the toughest workouts I have done in a while, primarily because of the horrible humidity we had today AND the fact I am coming down with a cold!!!! It surely scortched me, but somehow I completed those evil 60/60's without walking. Everytime I thought of walking, I would bite my lip, dig a little deeper, and keep on running. Overall, I was happy to finish the ***$ing workout and then we all had a treat of Starbucks afterwards, compliments of the club! :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home