Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, September 22, 2007

9/22/07: HARRA X-Country Relay Race Report!

I went into this race feeling 'so-so.' Okay, so I fully admit it was my fault for feeling that way (and that's NOT okay when I am running a team event!) Anyhow, I ran my leg (leg D-or the last leg) in exactly 17:00. Maybe not my best time on this course, but I felt strong and put forth a great effort. Plus, it wasn't as warm (or should I say HOT) as it was last year or the last time I did this race.

I almost had to run twice since my dear bloggin' Cassie didn't show up (but we are all glad that she is okay!!!) and honestly, i don't think I had it in me to run twice as worn-down as I felt. But, I still put in a great effort overall. And I won a door prize again, thanks to the wonderful Tornadoes...but the scale doesn't work though! :(

THE STATS:

2 miles cross-country
17:00 minutes total
average 8:30/mile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home