Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Week of 9/9-9/16 Workouts!

9/11/07: 4 Mile SMART workout-Kenyan Relays!
11:55 wu
20:00 minutes KR
8:22 cd
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm and breezy
Notes: Because of a cool front brought on by a storm serge in the area, tonight's workout was actually pretty pleasent. However, the workout was cut short during the cooldown due to the lightning flashing overhead. The only thing that bugged me about this workout was that this was my only run this week. ARGH!

9/12/07: 5 minute Am Pool Swim!
Heartrate: n/a
Weather: rainy
Notes: i was so excited to get into the pool after Bass Ackwards day but after only being the pool for 5 minutes, I had to get out because it was raining too hard. Oh well, at least I got in the water and was actually on time to work today:)

9/14/07: 2 Hour Lake Sharks Workout!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: I teamed up with Houston Racing today and did a 2 hour lake swim. Kenny, our swim coach, worked with me a little to help streamline my technique, and WOW! I ended up swimming much more efficiently very shortly afterwards. However, I still feel 'a little' anxious in the water. Hopefully all of these lake swims will pay off for my tri though. I have one more lake swim left before the big race on September 30th!

9/16/07: 1 Hour Bike Ride!
total riding: about 16 miles
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: really hot!
Notes: Unfortunetly, this was my only bike ride this week. I felt pretty slow and sluggish. And it really didn't help that I rode at 4pm too, when it was 92 degrees! I think it was a great thing for me to get out and do, though. I am really starting to stress over this 19 mile bike ride we will be doing in a few weeks...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home