Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week of 8/5-8/11 Workouts!

8/7/07: 6 Mile Run in Los Angeles!
Total Running: 58:35
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: 70 degrees. low humidity!
Notes: This was my only run this week. But, being on assignment for work means traveling and little free time to relax and workout. However, I must confess that this was probably the single-best run I have ever had on in my life. I don't know how to really explain it...other then you had to be there! :) All I can say is all the elements of a great run were there: strange surroundings, cool and comfortable weather, and legs that didn't want to stop running. Maybe one day I will put into words the feelings I had on this particular early morning run. But all I have to say now is that I hope it doesn't take me another trip out to LA to experience Runner's High like this!

8/8/07: 30 Minutes in the Hotel Pool!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool pool...it wasn't heated well!
Notes: This was my only other workout this week, in a small hotel pool that was supposedly heated. Well, it wasn't! I did get in a nice 30 minute workout where I worked on my technique a little (in particular-making sure I cup my hands-pull through the water and lift from the elbow. I think I am getting it...I need more guidance though to make sure I am doing the right thing...I may get a swim coach in the future if I can afford one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home