Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Week of 8/19-8/25 Workouts!

8/19/07: Ironbabe Sprint Tri!

(Please read about it in seperate entry below!)

8/21/07: 6 Mile SMART workout #2-Kenyan Relays!!

22:22 wu,
400m Repeats:
1:57, 1:55, 2:01, 1:47. 1:58. 1:53
16:22 cd
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: nice
Notes: This was the first speed workout that I have done...since last fall I think? But it was a great workout and I pushed myself throughout! Special thanks to Strider Barry for being my awesome workout partner!

8/22/07: 30 Minute AM Pool Swim!
Heartrate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: There was nothing memorable about this swim other then I got out and did it!

8/24/07: 30 Minute AM Pool Swim!
Heartrate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: I am starting to push myself to swim longer distances in the pool now. I think that my technique is still suffering but I am doing okay with my limited resources (read-no swim coach).

8/24/07: PM Bike and Run Brick Workout!
Total running: Don't know, but about 3 miles..
Total cycling: Don't know, but about 10 miles..
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid!
Notes: I decided to not wear my watch today for the entire workout and it was quite enjoyable. All that matters is that I got out here and did it, no matter how fast or slow!

8/25/07: 8.5 Mile Long Run with the Striders!
Total Running: about 8.5 miles
Ave running: 9:28/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid! hot! pretty bad...
Notes: This was my first Marathon long run with the Striders. I found a nice group of gals to run with and we averaged a pretty good pace, and only stopping for water a few times. Overall, I really enjoyed this run and the reward afterwards was the HARRA Party in the Park, complete with ice cold beer and plenty of food. Good times for all, and I helped collect some of the awards that the Striders won as a club this past spring! Go Striders:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home