Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week of 8/12-8/18 Workouts!

8/14/07: 17miles (or so) bike at the Park!
Total Cycling: 1 hour
Ave cycling: 17.3 mph
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid
Notes: This was a nice fast bike and a good workout to kickstart the week. getting excited about my Tri on Sunday. I have quite a few workouts to pack into this week to get myself ready.

8/15/07: AM 35 Minute Swim!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: nice
Notes: I really enjoyed my swim this morning. I felt a little 'rusty' not getting in any good quality swims last week, but this workout made up for it.

8/15/07: PM 6 Mile Run by Myself!
Total running: 58:53
Ave. Running: 9:48/Mile
Weather: warm!
Notes: Tonight I got in 6 miles in the neighborhood. It was pretty warm. I walked. A lot. But I guess I can't expect myself to bust out 8:00/mile after not running for almost a week!

8/16/07: First SMART workout...6 Miles to the Rose Garden!
Total running: 58 something
Ave. Running: 9:40something/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: overcast/rainy looking
Notes: Due to mostly incliment-LOOKING weather and a soggy ground, we past up the normal SMART workout at the Park and ran 6 miles to the Rose Garden instead. It was a beautiful and safe run. Not a lot of traffic and I certainly plan to incorporate this route into my normal 'get outta the park' routine.

8/18/07: 10 Hot Miles at the Park on the Bike!
Total Cycling: 36:18
Ave cycling: 16.3 mph
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid! hot! pretty bad...
Notes: Since I waited until 10am to bike, it was pretty warm. I was only able to do 10 miles and then call it quits. Overall, I was happy I could cycle even 10 miles, but I have to keep in mind that tomorrow I will cycling almost this "early" also...

8/18/07: 30 Minute Swim (in the Pool)
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: thunderous and stormy.
Not the best weather to be in the pool in...
Notes: My last swim before the tri. I had every intention to go to the lake, but due to stormy weather, I just swam in the damn pool at the complex. Better then nothing. The tri is tomorrow...I can't wait!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home