Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Week of 7/1-7/7 Workouts!

7/3/07: 40 Minutes in the Pool!
Goal: 300meters in 10minutes (or so).
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: nice and warm
Notes: A nice swim and a good workout. Everytime I swim...I feel stronger. That's very good, i think!

7/3/07: 7 Mile Long Run in the Neighborhood!
Running Ave: 9:29/mile
Total Running: 1:06:24
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: hot but breezy
Notes: A great run with a lot of energy. although I haven't been running must lately, keeping up my workouts on the bike and swimming have been keeping me in good shape from an endurance standpoint!

7/5/07: 45 Minutes at the Pool!
Swimming Goal: 300 meters in 10:15
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: overcast and rainy :(
Notes: Despite 'less then ideal' looking weather, the pool was open and the weather held out and actually cleared up! Had a great swim overall and looking forward to the next workout!

7/5/07: Short 3 Mile "Neighborhood" run
Running Ave: 9:10/mile
Total Running: 27:30
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: hot but breezy
Notes: Nothing really exciting about this run other then some crotchity-old security guard yelling at me...whatever. Streets are public areas, people!!!

7/7/07: 20 Miles on the bike at the Park!
Cycling Ave: 15 mph or so
Total cycling: 1:19
Weather: hot and 95 degrees!
Heart-rate: n/a
Notes: This was a great ride, despite it being 95 degrees outside. I felt slow also, but I will blame the heat and not getting on my bike as much as I need to. Overall, a graet workout...good hydration and a good amount of energy at the end of the ride!

2 Comments:

  • great to hear you're having so much fun. And what variety. Awesome!!! I'm going to have to tri some of those workouts. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at Mon Jul 09, 05:07:00 PM  

  • Multisport training in the Houston summers is an excellent way to go!

    Steeeve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 10, 10:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home