Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Week of 6/3-6/9 Workouts!

6/4/07: 45 Minutes in a OverChlorinated pool!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: overcast, 90 degrees.
Notes: Due to sore calves (I would NOT mention why they were sore...), I wasn't able to run today, and what a bummer. The weather was perfect. Oh well, hopefully the pool rehab (I didn't swim many laps at all) will help loosen them up.

6/5/07: 30 Minutes in a Slight Less Chlorinated pool!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool. 80 degrees.
Notes: I still don't feel like I can run without pain so I just worked on my freestyle kick and loosened my calvs up the best I could. It bites that people don't know how to care for their pool properly.

6/8/07: Only Run This Week! 6 #(%Q(Q*# HOT Miles!
Running ave. 9:43/Mile
total running: 58:18
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: VERY HUMID and HOT!
Notes: There is no doubt about it: Summer is officially 'here' in Texas. It is hot. As I attempted to run 6 miles tonight (at 7:30pm, mind you), it was soo hot that I could only run 3 miles without stopping, then run/walk the last three miles. It was worst feeling in the world. I was glad to finally finish this run. (Note to self: bring water bottle on next run over 3 miles.) Hopefully, i 'get use' to the heat soon...or it will be a lonnnnng summer.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home