Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Week of 6/24-6/30 Workouts!

6/27/07: Boring 3 Mile Treadmill Run!
Running Ave: about 10:00/mile
Total Running: 30 minutes
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: a/c coolness
Notes: This, unfortuntely, was the ony running workout I was able to do this week. Blame it on auditioning for a rock band or something, lol. A boring run, but it still felt great to run.

6/28/07: AM 40 Minute Swim at the Park!
Swimming Goal: 300 meters in 10:30
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: nice
Notes: Due to staying out the night before, I really struggled with this workout. I was tired, lethargic, and just overall 'not feeling it.' It still felt good to get out and do this workout though.

6/28/07: PM Overcast Minute ride at the Park!
Cycling Ave: averaged 17.5 mph with Wil. but 15 mph overall.
Total Cycling: One hour
Heart-rate: n/a (need to start wearing this!!)
Weather: overcast with nice breeze
Notes: Although I was running a little late, I was able to meet Houston Strider and Houston Racing club member Wil Neff for a nice 10 miles or so around the picnic loop. Not exactly the almost scenic ride...but we certainly had good conversation and this rider built my confidence in cycling a little more. Plus, we were riding at a good pace (I thought) and it was certainly faster then I ride by myself, which was great. Two workouts in one day...good times.

6/29/07: 47 Minutes in the Pool!
Swimming Goal: 300 meters in 10:36
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: nice
Notes: Although I was a little tired from the past two days of workouts, I still had a great workout this morning. The only noticeable difference in this from my workout the day before is that my endurance wasn't as good. I'll write it off as being a little wore-down at the end of the week. Looking forward to a hard week of workouts next week, as I used this week as a 'recovery week.'

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home