Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Week of 6/17-6/23 Workouts!

6/17/07: 7 Mile Evening Neighborhood Run!
Running Ave: 9:25/Mile
Total Running: 1:05
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid, humid, humid!
Notes: I drank about 10oz of Gatorade in about 45 minutes which left me high and dry for the last part of my run. I felt good overall though-good pace and good spirits. (no, not the drinky-drinky spirits, unfortuntely!)

6/19/07: 45 Minute Swim at the Park!
Swimming Goal: 1:55 for 66 meters
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool!
Notes: With the help of my swimming devices (I use a kick board and pull buoy religiously) I finally feel like i am getting a decent and efficient crawl. I am still not a fast swimmer...but 'slow and steady wins the race' right? :) I am going to incorporate hand paddles and fins into my next workout and see how that helps also. I think they will help a lot.

6/20/07: Wednesday Night Fun Run!
Running Ave: 9:00/Mile
Total Running: 50:26
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm but not unbearable.
Notes: This was a great run that allowed me to catch up with all my Strider buddies yet again. We ran out to Jackson Hill and 'the loop' and then back...it was a good run with great company, Loren, Lee, Abby and I talked triathlons almost the entire time! I am so excited about my Tris coming up (maybe not quite ready yet...but certainly excited!)

6/22/07: 45 Minute Swim at the Park!
Swimming Goal: 300m in about 10minutes!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool!
Notes: Because I have to submit an accurate 300 meter swim time next week for my tri coming up, I tested myself today and swam the distance (with minimal stopping) in 10:36 or so. Not the fastest...not the slowest, but I did it! I am going to start to swim and time myself on this distance at least twice in every workout from here on out. I would also like to swim 'further' then this, so I am going to try to swim 500 meters too (again, with minimal stopping). I "feel" like I am getting in shape for the Tri...but we will see as it gets closer!

6/23/07: 20 Miles on the Bike at the Park!
Cycling Ave: 15.4/mph (blah, sloowww...)
Total Cycling: 1:18
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool and overcast.
Notes: It's been a while since I have rode my bike and it reflected in this ride. I even had comfort issues at the end of the ride with being in the saddle 'that long.' It was a good ride though, and I worked to be efficient on my up-pedaling and fine-tune my gear-shifting a little (still struggle with this for some reason...) Next week I plan to get on the bike twice in one week, hopefully Thursday and Saturday.

3 Comments:

  • dang girl what did you do hit everyone's blog yesterday and comment ???

    hope to see you soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jun 27, 10:06:00 AM  

  • Just a caution on the hand paddles and fins for swimming... They're great for working on your technique, but don't get too dependent on them. They will definitely make you faster, but it's a false fast! Obviously you can't wear them in a race. :)

    By Blogger Sarah, at Wed Jun 27, 03:16:00 PM  

  • Sarah-
    good point. i always feel...weaker without the paddles, though. (right after I am swimming with them, i mean). they really help my technique though, and i try not to use them more then 40% of my workout.

    any other advice using 'devices?'

    By Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete, at Fri Jun 29, 09:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home