Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week of 6/10-6/16 Workouts!

6/11/07: 7 Humid Miles at the Park!
Running ave. 10:19/Mile
total running: 1:12:.14
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: VERY HUMID and HOT! (again)
Notes: I felt better on this run that my last run (6/8), although I ran much slower. I think it’s time to put some new shoes on my feet! Saw my fellow rockstar runner, Sam. :)
Hi Sam....looking good on those 200's!!!

6/13/07: 45 Minutes in the Memorial Park Pool!
swim goal: swam 66 meters in 2:09
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool.
Notes: This was my first ‘proper’ pool experience this year and it was great. Although I only swam about 10 total minutes of freestyle, I was able to focus on kicking (my weakness) and pulling (my other weakness, lol) and start to get my muscles to work. It was a great workout overall, and not sore after the fact.

6/13/07: 6 Miles Running at Memorial Park!
Running ave. 10:30/mile (we stopped a lot)
total running: 1:03
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: VERY HUMID and HOT! (again!)
Notes: This was my second workout today, and the Wednesday “Strider Happy Hour Fun Run” or "Chips, Chip and the Striders Run" or whatever you want to call it. :) I always look forward to these workouts that occur once a week. There is always a small, casual group of runners, all-paces represented, trash-talking, no pre-determined runs, and my personal favorite, SALTY snacks and ADULT beverages afterwards! Alwaysssssssss the best. Anyhow, we ran to the Polo Grounds and back today. Despite my workout this morning, I had great energy on this run (ask Loren, who listened to me talk his ear off for an hour…) Hopefully I get a bike in sometime this week, maybe with him...

6/15/07: 36 Minutes in the Memorial Park Pool!
swim goal: swam 66 meters in 1:59
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool.
Notes: Another early morning workout…I actually enjoy swimming first thing in the morning. Not sure why, other then the water wakes me up:). Anyhow, focused on the same things today, and can feel some strength coming to my swimming muscles. Did a few flip turns (mine are horrible!) and decided I am not going to waste any time working on those if I don’t need them for a tri. Overall, a great workout, even if I had to cut it short.

2 Comments:

  • I feel the same way with those flip turns. :-) Sounds like some great workouts!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Thu Jun 21, 08:24:00 AM  

  • Flip turns aren't necessary for pool swimming. I know how to do them but usually don't. Mine aren't very good, so I don't feel like they save me any time.

    By Blogger Sarah, at Thu Jun 21, 01:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home