Jessica, a Houston Runner

Saturday, May 19, 2007

5/19/07: I did it! (45) Miles of Pedaling the Prarie!

All I can say is I need a nap very badly now.

And HolyCow...I just cycled over 100 miles this week...nice!
--


Wow...wow, wow. I believe after today's ride, I am officially addicted to cycling! After practicing with my clipless pedals and shoes last night (and falling over twice pretty hard-while not moving!!!) I finally figured it out:). I got to the ride nice and early and met my riding buddy and co-worker, Marvin, and we got all set to go. I wasn't nervous at all, which was a Godsend, I think.

The ride went off without a hitch (this means it went even better then the bike rides I use to do as a kid!) and I actually was having fun, enjoying the scenery and we were holding a great pace until Marvin got a flat tire about 15 miles in. Okay, we fixed it and went on our way. Then, we got to a major crossroad, and Marvin (unknowing to me at the time-didn't have a map!!) and we turned the wrong way. OOPPSS! So we cycled an extra 5 miles, haha. I guess if I was to get 'lost' it was better to get lost this way with him anyhow.
Up to this point we were making good pace, about 17-19 mph (with a headwind that was slowing us down to about 14 mph at times...). Marvin kind of hit a wall though...and we slowed down a lot. I told him I wouldn't leave him though (what would I do if I got lost or got a flat tire?!) and although we got seperated a few times, we did finish close to each other. It might have taken almost 5 hours (I waited for him for a little while so I didn't cycle that long), but we did it!
When's the next one?! What a great time...

Ave 14 mph
total cycling: 3:30
Heart-rate: 159 ave. 230 max (wow)
Weather: breezy and nice.
Notes: Check out the picture below...enjoy!


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home