Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

3/26/07: Long Run on a Monday Night!

I did my same Park-Polo Grounds run as last week as it gives me a little elevation change, cross-country terrain, and difference in running surfaces (grass to trail to asphalt). Plus, hardly ANYONE runs this route, which makes it probably the most serene part of my week, and a welcome change of quietness.

Anyhow, I ran harder tonight then last week’s long run effort, although I forgot my gu and resorted to chewing on two pieces of sugary gum instead (and I did notice a difference—especially since I was lacking the electrolytes!) I am looking forward to the rest of the week’s workout schedule: Wednesday run with my Strider friends and then Fri bike/run brick, Sat bike and Sunday bike. Hopefully I am racing next weekend (and no Bellaire 5k this weekend due to work schedule conflict :( )

The STATS:

9 miles total running (maybe more)


Ave 10:04/mile

Heart-rate: n/a

Weather: 100% humidity, small showers.

2 Comments:

  • Jessica, thanks for stopping by my blog! No, I hadn't been thinking about the Do-Da-Du, although I guess I should've, since it's close and short, and I probably wouldn't have to worry about my hip coming untaped.

    This persistent tendonitis in my hip makes it hard to plan for tris, since I have no confidence that my kinesio tape would hold up through the swim and bike, to when I need it on the run.

    Consequently, I've let some maitenance issues lapse on my bike. It would be okay for a short course, though. But $55 is kinda high for 4 miles of running and 10 on the bike. I don't know...

    Have you done that particular du before, or heard good things about it? If it's got a good rep, it might be worth the price.

    By Blogger Ann (bunnygirl), at Wed Mar 28, 10:30:00 PM  

  • i think it's a new race, although the course has been used before for the 'du through downtown' i believe. i know it's expensive, although on the bright side, you aren't having to drive anywhere to do it. i guess the $$ you save on gas gets eaten on entry fee though. let me know if you do it...it's $60 now to register and i am sure it will fill-up soon.

    By Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete, at Mon Apr 02, 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home