Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, March 25, 2007

3/24/07: Short Brick Workout!

My first brick workout of the new year…and a testament of my (lack) overall fitness and shape I am in right now. I am not saying that I am in ‘bad shape,’ but I don’t think I will be ready to do a duathalon anytime soon. I still have a few days to decide so I will just see how my biking goes later this week…

I biked about 10 miles I am guessing, if not more. My stupid bike computer ceased to work again…I am tempted to buy another one, although I don’t plan to spend much money. If anyone has any suggestions for one to try, let me know. I did a sort of interval workout by my house since I was avoiding the Park…1 mile hard and 1/10th of a mile recovery, I think I did about 10 of those. I didn’t keep track, I just went for time.

After a short 5 minute break/stretch/get water, I went for my run. My only goal was to run for 40 minutes, or about 4 miles. This is pretty close to what I will be going for the Do-Da-Du (only it will be 2 mile x-country run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile x-country run in that order). Right away my legs had that ‘jelly/still on a bike’ feel. It took about 10 minutes to get over that…not good! I need to do more bricks, for sure…

9 Miles on Monday and I hope I can get in two bike workouts next week…and maybe two the following week. Will I be ready?!

The STATS:
10 miles cycling
4 miles running

43:53 on bike
40:06 on feet

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool and breezy

2 Comments:

  • Dumb question, but have you double checked the position of the bead on your wheel that triggers the sensor for the bike computer? I've found that it can be pretty position-sensative. If the bead got bumped slightly out of place, the sensor might be losing track of it.

    By Blogger Sarah, at Thu Mar 29, 04:13:00 PM  

  • i just bought a new one (a cateye...). the best thing about it is that the readout is easy to read *my old one was hard on the eyes*

    By Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete, at Mon Apr 02, 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home