Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, March 22, 2007

3/21/07: 5.6 Miles with the Striders!

Tonight was the Wednesday evening ‘Fun Run’ as I like to call it, where we decide on the route and the pace based upon whomever shows up to run. Usually it’s just two different routes: The polo grounds (4.5 miles) or Jackson Hill (5.6 miles). Since I haven’t ran to Jackson Hill in a long time, I pushed for the group to go there. And off there we went!

The small group of us (Striders Chip, Loren, Carol and a new Strider-Steve I think) and a few others made the grand voyage out. Once we got to the Hill, we decided to run some more, and ran the Hill loop and then called it a night. It was nice other then the fact I stopped for water at every water fountain (3 total). I guess I was a little dehydrated, and I did feel a little sluggish with my breathing (due to allergies, I think).

The weather was a little warm and humid, but the cool breeze came over us, and that was nice. Overall, it was a nice, relaxed run and great to see some friends I haven’t seen since the Houston Marathon! Up next? 3-4 miles on Friday followed immediately by 15 or so miles on the bike (my first brick of the season!)

The STATS:
ave 8:43/mile

5.6 miles total
48:54 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm, 60% humidity, breezy though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home