Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, March 16, 2007

3/15/07: 3 Miles of SPEEDWORK at Memorial Park!

Yup. You are reading correctly. I am actually updating my blog in a timely basis (or at least attempting to!) I am also back to doing speedwork! Two bits of good news in one day-does it get better then this?!

Anyhow, I had a wonderful run at the Park yesterday...a 1/2 mile warmup, 3 miles at 5k speed (well, as close to it as I am going to come right now) and a 1/2 mile cooldown. It was so fun to run-run-run as fast as I could go. And not hurt, other then maybe my poor lungs that are out of shape still. It was a major plus though that my body is feeling great, pre-marathon great I would say.

On the downside, it was hot. (80 degrees doesn't make for good speedworkout weather). But I felt like a million dollars after my workout. Then I got home and promptly passed out. :)

I think I will be in good shape for this weekend's Lookin' Good 10k. Although the course is a double 3.1 loop, it is extremely flat and a 7:30am start time should be another plus. It probably won't be a PR, but if I can go Sub 9:00, I won't complain!

One other thing, I just found out via Jon's blog that I was the 4th overall open women to complete the HARRA Fall Series this past season. Bragging rights? Nah...but something to be very proud of! I hope to do it again next year (and maybe...someday break into that top 3!)

Happy running all!

The Stats:

3 miles speedwork
1 mile warmup/cooldown

26:41 for 3 miles
ave 8:53/mile

8:56, 8:59, 8:45

Weather: 80 degrees (warm!!!)
Heartrate: 185 ave. 199 max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home