Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

3/12/07: Memorial Park Long 8 Mile Run!

After pedaling about 10 miles (I'm guessing-more on that in a second) yesterday here at the Park, I figured now I would get in a nice 8 mile run too. I wasn't too sore from the bike so I figured I needed my run! (actually, my lower back was a little tight, but that was it). My only goal for this run was to enjoy it and run relaxed, yet not SLOW.

I think I was a little 'slower' then I would have liked, but it doesn't matter really because I thought my form was good and I didn't feel any aches or pains, even towards the end of the run. I did need to drink more water though. Overall, I am pleased with my efforts.

The bike ride (Sunday) went well also. Although it was just a 'casual thing' with Ash, I figure we got in about 10 miles. (My bike computer wasn't working...although it started working right before I finished riding!) I got up to about 18.5/mph without trying, which was pretty much the top speed I could get on the old hybrid bike. Good deal! I hope to start riding much more and try to do a DUA next month...I'll keep you updated...

THE STATS:
8 miles total

1:17.29 total running
ave 9:41/mile

9:24, 9:53, 9:30, 9:33,
9:36, 9:32, 9:39, 9:57

Weather: close to 100% humidity, mid 60's
Heartrate: n/a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home