Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

1/9/07: 5 Miles by the House!

Ran a lonely (but insightful) 5 miles by my house tonight. I didn’t really think about running a particular pace, but just ran to run and plan out my marathon waist pack. I decided to go as minimal as possible, partially due to space constraints and partially due to the weight issue (don’t want to feel weighed down at mile 20!) I decided that I will pack 4 GU’s, my iPOD, four 8-hour Tylenol, three impodiums, some pepto chewables and ginger mints to settle my stomach, biofreeze and waterproof lotion in a squeeze package (for chafing). I will also Velcro on my 10oz bottle of Gatorade for the first 18 miles and then get my bottles switched out to my 7oz bottle for the last 8 miles. Hope this is enough, lol.

Just like a women to feel overpacked to run a marathon! ;)

THE STATS:

5 miles total
about 50 minutes running

Weather: cold-upper 40’s.
Heartrate:n/a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home