Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, January 07, 2007

1/6/07: Last Long Run-River Oaks 9 Miler?!

So the question mark in the title comes from the fact that this is pretty widely known as a 11.3 mile route in the Strider circle, but somehow I made it into an even 9 miles. Am I complaining? No way. 9 Miles with my fellow Striders and running buddy Strider Hillary in good cool weather in one of my favorite neighborhoods in Houston with a fabulous IHOP breakfast afterwards is always my idea of a good time! This training run will always last in my mind as a good memory of training for the 2007 Houston Marathon!

Less then a week away from the Big Day as I write this…got my confirmation card and my bib #:6135! Looks like a good number to me! Pasta parties are all the rage this week, with the SMARTie one on Thursday, HRB’s on Friday and Striders on Saturday! Hip-hip-hooray as I eat my way to carbo-loading bliss!

THE STATS:

9 miles
About 1:32 running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool.

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home