Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, January 12, 2007

1/12/07: The Marathon Expo!

I zipped through work today and left early all giddy and ready to celebrate the BIG DANCE, in true Pre-Marathon fashion. I found some great close parking, tied on my running shoes and got ready to spend some money, see some friends, and most importantly, PICKUP MY CHIP AND NUMBER!

The expo wasn’t as crowded as last year to me, and I was able to comb through all the exhibits in record time. Scored some sweet tri shorts from Luke’s Locker (my 2nd favorite running store in Houston!) and clif bars (yummy oatmeal walnut raisin-for my Marathon snack bags!) and almost bought some new shoes (but I don’t need them right now).

Ran into my Strider girls: Hillary, Nancy, Stacie, Pony and my Strider boy Santos too:) Santos recommended for me not to run anymore, so I guess my last run was Wednesday and that will have to be that…I am kind of worried about the tightness I expierenced though in my legs…

Met Mr. Jon Walk and scored a press pass and sat through Sean Wade’s presentation about ‘Tips for Top Marathon Performance.’ I will hopefully be able to blog about it tonight or tomorrow….look for the blurb about it here:

http://harrahoustonmarathon.blogspot.com/

That’s about it…two pasta parties (Houston Running Bloggers and Houston Striders) to go and then it’s showtime.

Best wishes everyone…don’t be nervous…Trust your training and HAVE FUN! Most importantly for the first-timers: This is only the first of many! Relish it! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home