Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, December 07, 2006

12/6/06: Another SMART workout!

So it seems that this week has been the first week I have gotten back to my Marathon schedule and am doing all my training runs. It's a good feeling, and I don't feel too terribly sore, slow or behind from a training standpoint. In other words-it's all good.

We ran the 5.5 mile or so route tonight from the Park pool, around the Jackson Hill loop, and back. It is always a very scenic run for me since I go house hunting as I run:) I felt good and got to catch up with my good running and blogging buddy Bill. He's has a nifty Garmin too so he was able to calculate the run at a 9:19 or so pace. Not too bad for an 'easy pace.' Bill, you are getting fast and you deserve Newcomer of the Year!

The run was also fun as we were able to recap the Strider's Holiday party from the previous night! This is by far my favorite holiday party of all times and I was glad to go again (brought the boy this time!) I was recognized as a Distinguished Volunteer for the Year and Leadership Board. Wow, cool! It was a great time! Go to Bill's page to see some pics:)

THE STATS:
5.5 miles

49:52 total runnings
ave 9:19/mile

Heart-rate: 175 ave, 190 max
Weather: humid but lower 50's.

1 Comments:

  • Mmmm...Italian Buffet, and Pesce's and Starbucks to go :-)

    Steeeve

    Sub 3 for your 30k debut? Believe it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 08, 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home