Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, December 18, 2006

12/17/06: Central Texas Long Run!

Got in a long run at my parents home this weekend, since next weekend and the weekend after are two very important ‘last’ workouts before the Marathon (that is now OFFICIALLY less then a month away!:)!!!) Plus, I didn’t get to spend Thanksgiving with my family, so this WAS our family get-together. It all worked out well as I got to teach this weekend nearby and make some money and my high school football team was playing their state football game in San Antonio (I didn’t get to go though, and they lost…)

Anyhow, I got some new Brooks Adrenaline before I left Houston from Fleet Feet-Rice Village (my old pair had 377 miles and felt like they had wayyyyyy more then that). I am still wearing the ‘6’ edition but I got the cool new color (the shiny blue!) Yeah for new shoes and they will be my marathon pair!

The running route I ran was very similar to what I ran last time I was here in Copperas Cove, but I finished the run with the steep run UP Robertson Avenue this time, ouch (and no dogs chased me this time around!) Luckily, my legs are mostly recovered from the 30K and I ran slow/steady enough to where I felt like I wasn’t going to hurt anything. Plus (on recommendation from Strider Rosa) I ran without my ankle brace, and although it was scary to be without it, my ankle was fine. And did I mention that my ITB doesn’t hurt anymore…hmmm, I think the ankle brace was causing the ITB!


THE STATS:

6 miles
about 60 minutes

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool at 9am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home