Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, October 01, 2006

9/30/06: The Tornandoes Cross-Country Relay, 2006 Version!

And very luckily, we were blessed with cooler weather then we had last year, so can I get an ‘AMEN’ for that?! Anyhow, this year I was on a team with Cassie, Pony (Jon Yoder’s sister) and Sarah. Another team of bloggers, of course! Since I would be doing my Tri tomorrow, I had asked Coach Stevvve to put me on a ‘moderatly-paced’ team, and he put me in with them! It was all good, my only goal was to run faster then I did last year when I did this course, and I did. Two seconds faster!

I also ran the first leg too, which was nice in that it gave me a little more time to recover before the Tri. Overall, I was happy with my time and how I ran. I killed it (meaning-ran strong!) in the last mile, and although my splits were only 2 seconds apart, I felt good about my efforts. Tomorrow is the big moment of truth:).

THE STATS:

2 miles
17.50 total time (I think)

Heart-rate: N/A
Weather: not as hot as last yr…and the beer was cold:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home