Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, October 27, 2006

10/26/06: PM Run, #2!

So here was the PM version of the run I did this morning! To avoid getting burnt-out, I varied the route a little, but for the most part, I ran my neighborhood route slightly after 6pm, exactly 12 hours after my morning run. It was warm and humid. There was a threat of rain in the air, and my shoes weren’t totally dry from running this morning, so I didn’t care if I got rained on again or not. I felt good throughout the entire run, other then my legs getting sore the last 3 miles. And I certainly wasn’t running as fast as I had this morning…all in all, 12 miles today…not an easy feat!

Excited about running this weekend…plan to do the 10k in under 1:15 (it’s a cross country course and I don’t plan to race it at all…in fact, I would be perfectly happy with finishing the course without walking!) The Half? A PR, of course. I am hoping 1:55, but it will really depend on how I feel Sunday morning…hopefully I get plenty of sleep Saturday night and my legs aren’t too mashed up…

THE STATS:

6 miles
about 55 minutes

Heart-rate: ???
Weather: 100% humidity. Warm, 80 degrees

1 Comments:

  • Yup, you're a looney with all these back to back runs.

    It was good seeing you again on Sunday. I hope your ankle is back to fighting form soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 31, 01:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home