Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, October 26, 2006

10/25/06: 3 Quick AM miles…

So--I needed to run this morning…and I actually got up earlier(!) then I really needed to run 3 miles by the house. Let me tell you, nothing makes you feel like you can conquer the world and have the most Kick-A day ever then having an awesome run first thing in the morning as the sun comes up and the only noises you hear are your feet pattering against the dark sidewalks and streets! It was a great run despite my mind being more awake then my legs and it really set the tone for rest of the day to totally rock.

THE STATS:

3 miles
about 30 minutes

Heart-rate: n/a (couldn’t find strap)
Weather: cool and overcast.

1 Comments:

  • Some of my most exhilarating runs have taken me over the Jackson Hill footbridge at Memorial, right at sunrise. You get to see the sun peering through the silhouettes of the downtown buildings.

    There's something to be said for being out in the elements, breathing in the crisp air while the rest of the city sleeps.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 31, 01:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home