Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, October 22, 2006

10/21/06: My first ‘TLT’-14 miles!

My first (and probably only?!) ‘TLT’ workout of the season was a very early 6:30 this morning…but I did it! All 14 miles of it! (With the option of doing 4 more…but I am just not ready for that). It was a nice workout and not as difficult as I figured it would be. Actually, I think the hardest part of the workout was all the starting/stopping we did. (I like to run-run-run and not stop at all).

We did a 2 mile warmup, and then 4x1 mile repeats at 10k pace. I am still not sure what my 10k pace is yet but I tried to average under 8:20/mile on these. I would like to get this down to 8:10/mile by the time the Marathon comes, but I am not sure if that is possible simply due to me being injured so long this summer. Maybe that is a more attainable goal for next Spring as I focus on shorter races? (still focusing on 10k and of course, Tri training!)

There were 6 miles thrown in between repeats at Marathon pace (I think) and then a 2 mile cooldown. I took a Carbboom about halfway into the workout and it helped quite a bit. I did feel that lactic acid building in my calves about this same time though…ouch, ouch, ouch. Strider Barry (my old PIM coach!) kept me going though. Overall, I am pleased with my efforts, and a ‘tough but doable’ workout is now over and done with! I am looking forward to my next target race-the Houston Half in a week! I plan to PR!!!

THE STATS:
14 miles
2:22 hours total workout

17:51 wu, 21:26 cd

1 mile repeats @ 10k pace:
8:17, 8:20, 8:15, 8:14. (nice negative splits!)

not sure of split for 6 mile block at Marathon pace…

Heart-rate: 166 ave 237 max (ouch!)
Weather: cool and overcast.

1 Comments:

  • very weird that all your posts from the week JUST NOW showed up for some reason! I kept getting emails that you had updated but there was never anything there!

    See you Sunday!

    By Blogger Junie B, at Fri Oct 27, 07:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home