Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, October 13, 2006

10/12/06: A SMARTie Run in the Rain!

The weather wasn’t look so good going into tonight, but that didn’t stop about 10 brave Striders from gathering at the normal TH meeting spot to get in 6 miles before the 10 Miler on Sunday. The weather was breezy, cool, and about a mile into our warmup, rainy! And not JUST rainy, COLD! The coldfront has come through town! It felt great and kept me very relaxed.

The workout tonight was slightly modified from what we were suppose to do (I think), but I did a 2 mile warmup, 1 mile x2 at 10k pace, and a 2 mile cooldown. I am still not sure what my 10k pace is suppose to be, although this past spring I was averaging about 8:13/mile. I did the miles in about 8:05 and 8:11. This means I either have gotten stronger and faster since then, or I pushed too much this time around. Oh well, rather then question it, I am glad I have that speed in me. It feels good to run fast. Always.

THE STATS:

6 miles
about an hour total

about 20min wu, 20 min cd
8:05, 8:11 mile at 10k pace

Heart-rate: 170 ave 183 max
Weather: raining

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home