Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, September 08, 2006

9/7/06: SMARTie Hills!

Tonight’s workout comprised of hills. Where on earth do you find hills in Houston, you may be asking? I was wondering that myself, but there is a zone right off of Hwy 6 and Briar Forest (I think) where you can run up and down the acquduct banks of Buffalo Bayou. Not exactly the most scenic thing to do, but it was a great workout.

The two mile warmup/cooldown was probably the best part though, because of the scenic trees and path down by the bayou. I literally felt like I was no longer in Houston. How awesome would it be to live right by THAT?! I felt like I was in the mountains of North Carolina again. I could almost smell that fresh, cold mountain air. ALMOST. The run back was great too…in the pitch dark with only the moon as my company. Now I know how Sam feels on his night runs…

The STATS:

5 miles total

2 mile wu, 2 mile cd, 1 mile of hills

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid, humid. Did not bring water:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home