Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

9/5/06: SMART Butt-Kicking: Schedule C!

So this is the workout most people dread: the 5x800s! Ohh, I kicked my own butt today, for sure (even only doing 4 repeats). Got in a good CORE workout, did a mile warmup, and then began my repeats (note, they are not all in the row-we do strengthing exe. in between intervals). I knew I took the first one too fast (3:52) and felt my groin tightening up. Ohhh well…I slowed down the rest…4:11, 4:00, 4:06. My need for speed is there though, and this groin thing is really slowing me down, lol.

I need to take care of myself, no doubt about that…so I think I am going to take the rest of this week easy. I cooldown with another mile and am hoping there is no damage done. I have a 30 minute swim on Thursday morning, and then I am going to run either 3 or 5 miles, depending on how the groin feels. Sighhh….injuries!

The STATS:
5 miles total
1 mile wu, 1 mile cd

4x800 repeats
3:52, 4:11, 4:00, 4:06

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool but really humid (87%)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home