Jessica, a Houston Runner

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/10/06: Weekly Long Run and Bike and Feeling Tired.

The long week finally wants to catch up with me, but after relaxing most of this day, I am ready to get in a good workout. I must disclaim though, I don’t think doing what I did was a good idea-combining two hard workout efforts (hmmm, haven’t I said that before?!)

Anyhow, got in 10 miles of hard mile-long intervals on the bike. I needed to do more milage, but since I am still working to improve my technique and get more power behind my pedaling, I was fine was 10 miles. My top speed was 17.3 miles, and I usually averaged about a 15.3 mph. I’ll take that for my trusty hybrid bike!

I was tired, but took a long enough break to change shoes and drink some gatorade before I headed out for 7 miles on my feet. I felt fatigued, but not totally dead. I didn’t find that power in my run though that I usually have. Ah well, I guess that is another aspect that makes the Tri a challenge.

Overall, a great ‘brick’ and looking forward to the Tri more and more everyday. My goal right now is to finish it, but I will be happy with a 15 minute swim, 45 minute bike and 30 minute run. We’ll see!!!!


The STATS:

7 miles total running

About 1:05

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool and breezy

1 Comments:

  • 1:30 for Try Andy's Tri? I'll take the under on that one. Easy money!

    Great having you out at Stratford on Tuesday!

    Steeeve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Sep 14, 06:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home