Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

8/22/06: SMART #2: Kenyan Relays!!!

I was a little skeptical to do this workout since I haven't really done any speedwork since the injury, and I am weary to do any until I have a good, solid buildup of mileage underneath me.

I did run this workout very conservative, and was able to put 'enough' speed behind me to feel like i worked up a little cardio sweat. It was fun! Fellow Strider Bessie was an awesome partner and was very encouarging. She is getting so fast, she is already leaving me in the dust from last season:)

A great workout overall. Swimming and biking are coming along too...slowly. I need to hit it really hard the next month (like cramming for a test, I guess!) and stay as injury-free as possible. I think I will make an 'ok' showing for the Tri...however, I am very much looking forward to it (especially the bike part!) and not scared anymore! woohoo!

The STATS:

1 mile warmup, 1.5 mile cooldown
20 minutes of relays

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: hot!!!! until the cooldown.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home