Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8/15/06: The first SMART workout for me of the season!

I was actually happily suprised that I didn't hurt (other then a swollen right foot!) after my run the previous night. I am not sure why my foot is swollen, other then crazy-running-around while I was in Madison, WI this past week (no actual running though!) :( And the weather was so beautiful and cool too...

Anyhow, I knew, tonight was THE night that I had to make it out to a SMART workout. No excuses, right?! I meet up with the Memorial Park SMARTies and we had a grand time...the schedule was 'C' and a 2 mile warmup/2 mile cooldown and 5x800m repeats. Oh yeah, and mix in all the other fun stregthening excersises too. Haha...it was a good time.

I did as much as I could, which ending up being a 1.5 mile warmup/1.5 mile cooldown, and all the excersises and then 5x400m repeats. I was slow, but I did it-4 miles, a milestone for me post-injury! My foot didn't bother me too much, and my groin didn't bother me at all! woohoo, i think I am on the mend. I just wish I wasn't sooo painfully slow.

"Paitence, Young Grasshopper...."

It's going to be a long journey back to where I want to be (pre-injury). But I am on the way now, determined and not going to give-up and it feels great!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone...now I need to slowly hit the swimming and biking again seeing how I have a triathalon to complete in a month in a half!!! 30 minutes in the pool tomorrow!!!

The STATS:

1.5 mile warmup
1.5 mile cooldown
5x400m repeats (at about 2:28 per 400m)

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid, slight breeze.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home