Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, July 09, 2006

7/8/06: 12 Mile Bike-woohoo!

I was missing the bike quite a bit since I could ride last weekend due to all the rain. This would be the first time I got to ride the hybrid with the slicks and toe clips. I had to sell the road bike ($25!) because it was going to need more work then I wanted to put into it. Besides, i can always buy a used one if I decided biking is for me.

Anyhow, made it out to the Park and did the Picnic Loop a few times. It did get boring after a while, but it gave me the confidence I needed on the bike and I was able to time myself per loop. I average about 15 mph, and my top speed right now is 17 mph, and my slow speed is 13 mph. I did get passed by every road biker out there, only making me believe that a road bike is definetely the way to go. That, and some aerobars. My back is sure sore now, lol. Luckily, my groin isn't though.

The STATS:

12 mile bike ride
10 miles in 41.13

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: mid 80’s, overcast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home