Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

6/26/06: 10 Tough Miles on a Monday Night.

Of course I am still having the leg issue, but that wasn’t what made tonight’s run tough. It’s the fact that I ate a snack (well, fruit) I shouldn’t have eaten before I went to run. It really hurt me pretty good. 4.5 miles of stomach cramps at the end of the run was the worst, although it overshadowed the 5.5 miles of leg pains I had the first half of the run. I had to yell at myself to get through the last 1.5 miles…comeon, I said…1.5 miles is nothing, I can run that in my sleep.

And I got it done. It was tough, but all that matters is that I got it done.

The STATS:
10 mile run

Ave 9:54/mile (slow)
1:39.07 total running

Heart-rate: 165 ave/180 high
Weather: upper 80’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home