Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

6/20/06: 4 Miles before Swimming!

It was hot and humid today. My legs felt pretty good considering my long run on Sunday. My hip flexor is still giving me problems though. It feels like it needs to ‘pop’ but when I try to pop it, it gets sore. Maybe I have just aggravated it and it won’t loosen up. Any ideas? It’s getting to the point where it’s affecting my form. Hmm. I have a doctor’s appointment next week so I am going to ask if I can get a sports medicine referral and see if I can get some help. At least some preventive help, since this really hurts and is not really going away. I need to break into my new shoes too, that may help.

The swimming is going better then last week. I finally feel comfortable in the pool and can swim about 25m without stopping. My form is getting better but my breathing still needs a lot of work. Right now I am cheating on my breaths which causes everything to fall apart. I need to practice as much as I can if I want to get better. It can get really fustrating though, being 25 and feeling like I can’t swim at all!

The STATS:

4 mile run
About 40 mins running

about 300m in the pool
1 hour or so…

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: hot and humid. Stock.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Jessica,

    Do they have you alternating breathing from side to side? Good news! Although that's the "right" way to do it, it's A-OK to breathe from one side only with each and every stroke. I'm a lefty breather myself :-) I simply cannot get enough air to sustain my swimming if I'm not getting a breath with every stroke. If you watch the swimmers in the Olympics there's plenty of one-sided breathing going on.

    Steeeve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jun 27, 08:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home