Jessica, a Houston Runner

Sunday, June 18, 2006

6/17/06: Brick Workout of Different Color-the bike/run!

Swam for about 10 minutes yesterday until the impending weather of doom (all 5 minutes of rain) forced us out of the pool. Oh well. Today consisted of 10 miles on the bike and 3.5 miles of running, in that order. Was suppose to meet up with the Striders in the AM but the weather wasn’t looking so good and I had some house chores to take care of before I went to work out.

So I rode from my house to Memorial Park, two loops around the picnic loop, and back. Mind you, this is basically the same route I run. Well, it’s a whole new world on a bike. Not to mention, bikes (although mine is a hybrid with mountain tires), don’t do too well on sidewalks!!! I guess that means no running OR biking on sidewalks from here on out, lol. The ride there was slow, I walked a lot of intersections and avoided every bump to save on my bottom. Then by the time I got to the park, I got my confidence back, and rode hard for a little while. It was fun, and there was hardly anyone there so I had free roam. The ride back was ok, but it was getting dark. I need to bring my blinker for next time.

Then the run after was a new experience as I ran by my house to 'cool off.' My legs were a little crazy, but my butt was done for! It turns out the bike gave me some new bruises, yuck. Sorry to share…just a fact of the matter. I ran okay, but I was a little tired and dehydrated. Hopefully I will have fully recovered by tomorrow for an 11 mile run…ekk!

The STATS:

3.5 mile run
About 35 mins running

1:23 on the bike
about 10 miles (I’M SLOWW!)

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm. Mid 80’s. 100% humidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home