Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

6/12/06: Long Distance Run Out and About…

Two things stood true about this run: it was hot, and it felt so good to simply run and let my thoughts spill over into my legs. Again, I didn’t run for time or even to run a certain pace. I let my legs do it all. What’s funny about having that mentality with a run is that I tend to run strong throughout the run…and I am usually able to push the last few miles strongly! This certainly speaks volume when it comes time for Marathon training. If I can keep a relaxed and steady pace for the Marathon the first half…then the 2nd half (in theory?!) should be okay and relaxed as well. Overall, a great run and a fantastic moral booster.

The STATS:
10 miles

1:35.26 total running
ave 9:33/mile

Heart-rate: 165 ave/185 max
Weather: warm, but bareable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home