Jessica, a Houston Runner

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

5/29/06: 8 Miles at the Park with HRB's Edwin!

Since today was a holiday and there wasn't a whole lot going on, I decided to get in 8 miles at the Park...I convinced Edwin to come out and run with me since misery loves company and honestly, sometimes running 8 miles alone can really get tedious, especially at the Park and those dumb loops...

The cool thing about the run is that Edwin brought Pedro along, which meant we got all these cool stats. The run itself was cool, as I showed Edwin how to get to the Polo Grounds since he has never been there...We both kinda felt bad the last 2 miles or so though. Edwin was tired from the speedwork he had done the today before and since I hadn't run in a few days, I knew I was going to err on the slower side of things...

Sure enough, I held us back a little, but we finished the run off at a nice 8:36/mile pace. I must add that Edwin passed me up in the last 200 meter sprint to the finish (Side note-I let him, to be honest with you...I ended up pushing too soon in the last 400 meters and it killed me!) But, now we are even, and even had a beer to celebrate a tough but fun run. :)

The best thing about the run is that I definetely felt stronger then the last time we ran together in March. Even if I am making slow improvements in my running, being able to run strongly with a better runner is NEVER a bad thing!

The STATS:
8.47 miles!!!

average 8:36/mile
1:12.56 total running

Heart-rate: 177 ave, 195 max
Weather: 80 degrees. Nice breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home