Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, May 25, 2006

5/24/06: SMART Polo Grounds Run!

There is something about running my favorite run that always puts me in a good mood, no matter what else is going on in my life. Although I ran the second half a little faster then the first half, it was a good time as I had the company of Strider’s Amalia and Max to run back with. I don’t remember what we talked about, but it always makes me feel good when I can stay caught up with them and not slow them down (too much!)

I ended up completing this run (overall) 32 seconds faster then two weeks ago, lol. It felt good to run today…to push myself a little. Most importantly, I thought about it and realized that I can’t stay unhappy about past runs…everyone at some point has a bad run or race and it’s up to me to be better then that, and realize there are always more good runs then bad ones!

The STATS:

about 5.6 miles
50:12 total running

first half: 26:45
Second half: 23:26

Heart-rate: 175 ave, 185 max
Weather: Warm! Lol.

2 Comments:

  • Chip Maxa just ran 41:16 at the Stepping Stones 10k; that's pretty heady company you're keeping. Amalia runs niiiiiice but she's still quite new, her best efforts are in front of her (like yours).

    Steeeve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu May 25, 12:45:00 PM  

  • I agree, the route from the fitness center to the polo ground has become a favorite route of mine also.

    By Blogger Humble Runner, at Thu May 25, 11:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home