Jessica, a Houston Runner

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

5/23/06: One Mile Trial at the Track!

I needed a workout, specifically SPEEDWORK, to jump-start this week of running. And what better way then a challenging mile run to get my spirits up? Knowing that I needed to beat 7:29 (my mile time from last October), I felt motivated and focused. Of course, I KNEW I could do it, even at 5pm on a hot May day, I just wanted to smash my time.

I won’t lie…it was HOT. Maybe not AFRICA hot, but pretty blazing…the mile went quick but not quick enough it seemed. I felt myself struggle as I ran into the wind on the final 200m stretch of each lap…but I pushed through it…and busted 7:06!!! Okay, so It’s not in the 6’s yet, but I am pretty pleased…it shows that I have worked hard this spring, and it can only get faster from here!


The STATS:
3 miles total

Mile: 7:06 (23 second improvement from 6 months ago)
10 minute warm up
10 minute cool down

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: HOT…Hot.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home