Jessica, a Houston Runner

Friday, May 19, 2006

5/18/06: 5 HOT and Slow Miles at Bear Creek!

So the hot weather decide to roll back into town today…I’m not happy with it but it is going to be great prep for Saturday’s race. I was out on the west-side of town, in fact, only a mile from Bear Creek, so I figured why not run there. I knew it wasn’t shaded, so it was perfect for what I needed today. I ended up running for time, 50 minutes, around the picnic loops, which looked a lot more scenic then the golf course loop. There were even some trees to provide a little bit of shade. This was a welcome change from Memorial…I only saw one other runner and about 10 bikers the entire time!

Overall, very peaceful, quiet, and hot. My legs weren’t moving fast, but I figured if I could survive 50 minutes in the heat at 5pm in the afternoon here, I could survive about 40 minutes of heat at 10am on Saturday…looking forward to it! I meant to stop by the Great Charcoal Chicken Grill on the way home to say hi to the Striders who had ran some at Terry Hershey, but I needed to get home and pack. There will plenty o’ partying this weekend though…

The STATS:

about 5 miles
50 minutes total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: hot! Hmm, maybe low 90’s?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home