Jessica, a Houston Runner

Thursday, May 18, 2006

5/17/06: SMART run out to Jackson Hill!

We decided upon the Jackson Hill route for tonight’s SMART run. I was pretty sore from the previous night’s efforts but I was still able to get the legs to move ‘a little.’ I spoke with Strider Karen Bowler at length, which was fun and insightful. Most of the talk was about the upcoming Beach to Bay…Karen was on a winning team last year and shared her experiences with this marathon relay. I love talking to Karen…she is a very humble runner who always is very encouraging to anyone in the club.

After the run, we all met up at Café Express to go over last minute plans for Beach to Bay. It looks like I will be riding with fellow blogger, Bill Cox and possibly Santos and Caroline Chamness, a very fast (3:15 at Boston!) runner I have yet to meet. I am really excited about the trip…it will be like a mini-vacation and great to get away for a few days…hopefully not as hot as everyone says it has been in the past!


The STATS:

about 5.5 miles or so.
46.52 total running

Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm but not hot, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home